Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hotel Star Ratings in Italy and Europe


If you ever travel to Europe, you have to know that the star rating here is a little skewed from our standards in America. I'm sure many of you have heard this before, but if you haven't, please keep in mind that the star rating for European hotels are usually one star less from what we expect. So if it says that its a 4-star hotel, it's probably a 3-star and maybe even possibly a 2-star... eeek... I know, scary right?


Well, I am currently looking for a hotel to stay in at Rome at the beginning of September for the Guns 'n' Roses concert we are going to (so excited!) Anyways, I have to say, I don't know what I would do without TripAdvisor. It is truly a lifesaver! And the funny thing is, that almost 90% of the hotel reviews I am reading has to comment about the star rating and how it should be lower than what is listed. Theory and stereotype confirmed! Myth confirmed! =)


So please, do yourself a favor, and ALWAYS look up reviews on TripAdvisor for any hotels you book. If you are traveling on a budget and don't really care, then more power to you. But, if you are hoping to stay in a luxurious European hotel, do NOT let the pictures fool you. Either they have a REALLY good photographer or you really can't see the dirtiness in the pictures or the pictures were taken when the hotel was barely built.... 50 years ago....


Thank you TripAdvisor... =) I heart you...

No comments:

Post a Comment