Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The 3 Month Itch

I have totally realized that I get this 3 month itch every time I come back from vacationing in L.A. It's always around three months where I start missing things back in L.A. like the food and shopping and just everything. I mean I always do in the back of my mind, but it's heightened at this time and I just have this slight sorrow and start nit-picking the things I don't like in Italy. It never seems to fail. Unfortunately, I do not have the luxury to hop on a plane every time I get this nostalgia but it doesn't make it any easier either.

It's pretty ironic though because when we do go to L.A., we go for long periods of time at once which is great but then I get the feeling where we have to get back to Italy to our lives and work and all. That we can't always be on vacation and need to get back to the "real world". Never satisfied right?

The weirdest part of it all is when I am watching television. When there's an American show on, I sooo get nostalgic and wish I was at those places. But then, when I see Italian shows, I get all loving of Italy and appreciate it more than the actual view I see in person. What is wrong with me? I seriously need to stop and smell the roses and realize the grass isn't only greener on the other side. Oy... help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment