Sunday, May 2, 2010

Benvenuti to my Blog!


Hey everyone,

First of all I would like to introduce myself... My name is Anna and I am originally from Los Angeles, California. Born, raised, and proud Angelino. I currently live in Italy and have lived here for almost two years now after getting married to my husband who is Italian. So let me rewind back a bit to get you up to speed….

So in the last quarter before graduating from UCLA, I decided I wanted to study abroad before entering that wonderful world of work and officially growing up. I went to Siena, Italy in the Fall of 2003 expecting to come back wiser and more worldly and of course having the time of my life in a different country all on my own! My friends would joke that I would find love in Europe with another student on the program when love failed me back home, whereas for me, after a really long time of wanting to fall in love…. I just wanted to leave everything behind, including my search for love, and just live for myself. Ironically, I found love there! When people say it will come when you least expect it, believe me, it’s true! It could not have caught me more off guard.

I met my husband on the very first night I was enrolled in my program at Siena. I barely met my roommates and saw my apartment and went out for a night on the town with them to explore our new home. The rest is history you can say…. I call it destiny…

Now, here we are at almost seven years together and almost two years into our marriage. =) So now that you are caught up, I can finally explain what made me decide to create a blog. Living in Italy and leaving my life in L.A. has been nothing less than a roller coaster of an adventure. It is not easy and I figured that creating a blog would be sort of therapy for me as well as allowing others out there to hear my story and maybe learn a thing or two.

This blog is dedicated to my family and friends back home who I miss dearly, for those romantics who should never give up on love, for expats who are brave enough to move to another country and can relate to me, for those students who choose to study abroad, for those who want to and have come to Italy for vacation, for those who find an interest in other cultures, for those who want to get some yummy Italian recipes and for those who are curious enough to just want to share in my adventures. I hope that I can inspire, educate, and/or entertain my audience. Part of me has always wanted to be a writer or at least put my crazy mind on paper and here is my chance… Stay tuned for my blogs which will range all over the spectrum from serious to frivolous, informative to random, but most of all – helpful in some way….

Ci sentiamo presto!

1 comment: