Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ode to the Scooter


As you all know, scooters are one of the most common modes of transportation here in Italy. I've had the fortune of driving through the tuscan hills daily on a scooter with my hubby and it really is the best way to travel around town with all the pain of parking. I wanted to share my funny encounters I've had that would only happen in Italy.

These are moments where I really wish I had a camera:

- My husband had just came back from a mission and his new place didn't have a tv so he went out to get one with his scooter. If you can do the math, bringing home a tv on a scooter isn't the best idea. Here he is, with a 27 inch tv (not flat screen), he had to remove the box and put the tv in front of him. He could barely reach the handles to maneuver the scooter but managed to get home safely.

- We were driving in Naples when I see this guy drive by on his scooter with a large size luggage that he just bought from Carpisa placed right behind him on the seat and scotch-taped around his waist. Pretty clever? hehe

- In our home town, I see a man driving by with his scooter and a tall 4-feet green plant in front of him and he is seeing the road through the leaves.

Have you had any funny encounters? Of course this would never happen in America and would be frowned upon.

Only in Italy....

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I haven't seen anything as outrageous yet. But I definitely loved seeing the hot Italian woman in the tight skirt, 4.5 inch pumps and Prada bag scooting her way around the city. =P

    ReplyDelete