Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wanting My American Christmas in Italy

I am all about the Italian Christmas and decorating my balcony with my Santa Claus climbing up the railing but I have been on the hunt for Christmas stockings and they are no where to be found! With baby having his first Christmas, I wanted to do the traditional American thing, and have a stocking with each of our names on them to hang at home. But, mission not accomplished. =( Every time I ask around, they say I have to wait for "Befana" on January 6th when they sell stockings... but those are stockings filled with candies for the kids. I guess our personalized stockings will have to wait another year until I can get them in America. =(

If you are in Italy, and have found someone who sells them, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Ciao !

    I really missed this American tradition as well and wanted to have it here in Italy so I ordered these stockings from the internet:

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Christmas-Stocking-Letters-Santa-Snowman/dp/B005U0KN3E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_by_6


    I couldnt find the personalized type so i ordered a few different styles for each individual in my family.

    I hope this helps a little !

    Auguri !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks for taking the time to send me your link. Those stockings are super cute!!! I knew ordering online was an option, but I have lost trust in the Poste Italiane after losing a couple packages and letters in the mail. It's too late now, but definitely will keep that in mind for next year.

    Thanks! Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete