Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chiuso Per Ferie



Oh that infamous sign that I see everywhere in the month of August for Ferragosto - "Chiuso per ferie". Don't get me wrong, everyone deserves a vacation once in a while and now it is my turn! My beloved and much appreciated blog followers, I will be on vacay officially starting today! Woooohooooo! My husband is off work, my friends are coming on the weekend and I will be jetsetting back to L.A. next week... it is a fabulous September.

Things I will miss about Italy... the food, the simple life, the luxuries of my home. Things I am looking forward to in L.A.... my family and friends, shopping, my car, the food, the countless events to attend, not having to be overly self conscience about what to wear and to fit it, being able to wear flip flops if I like... home sweet home. =) My trips to L.A. are always bittersweet as I know there is an end and I have to bid farewell to my loved ones eventually but I always come back more humble, appreciative and grateful of my life.

Till we chat again in November, this Piccolo Grande Amore couple is off to America!

Baci e abbracci!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Anna! I'm SO happy I found your blog. Let me begin by telling you that I am a Korean-Canadian living in Toronto. I met my boyfriend in 2009 when I was traveling and we are still together. However, next year I am planning on moving to Florence to take a TEFL course so that I can at least have the option of teaching English. My boyfriend lives in a smaller town in Umbria so I may have to relocate there afterwards.

    Would you mind being a sort of "pen-pal"? I am totally inspired by your stories and decision to move to Italia...I would love to pick your brain (if you don't mind) and get some insight from you! If you are ok with that, let me know how I can reach you (email?) and I will contact you soon! Thanks and I hope to hear back from you. Grazie, ciao! =) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa,

    I am so glad that you enjoy my blog and if it helps you in any way. I would love to chat with you and help you on your decision/transition if you do decide to move here and give you some insight on the life here. Please feel free to email me at anna_quach@hotmail.com. I will be back in LA with my family all of October and will be back here in November so please excuse me if I don't respond immediately in October.

    Hope to chat with you soon!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna! Just a heads up that I did write your email. I really hope to hear from you soon. If it's after your trip hope, I hope you have a fantastic visit! (I'm sure you're dying to eat some good asian home cookin!) =)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete