Sunday, July 31, 2011

Benvenuto a Motherhood

This blog goes out to all the mothers that know exactly what I am talking about and those who I can now relate to....

Motherhood has been quite... interesting... I knew there would be lack of sleep and exhaustion but you really don't know what it feels like until you experience it yourself. Tonino is going on three weeks soon and I am slowly trying to find time for what use to be my normal routine. One thing that has truly changed is that I must rush through everything now... whether it be eating super fast in case he wakes up or my infamous epic emails have turned into bullet points... for example, here are the things that new motherhood has given me ...in bullet point format =) ... I hope other mothers can appreciate it. =)

- always having milk spit-up stains on every article of clothing I have
- never being able to leave the house with out a burpie cloth in close reach
- boobs never seem to be the same size anymore
- mommy brains beat out preggie brains on the ditzy scale hands down
- I am super happy if I can get 4 hours of sleep at night... interrupted sleep of course between feedings
- I think that I can fall asleep at any time of the day if I just close my eyes

But through all these tiny, insignificant inconveniences, it is ALL worth it...

- I can stare at Tonino all day long
- I can't get over how innocent babies are
- people say it's gas when a baby smiles but I truly believe he is smiling
- I love his drunk off milk look when he is full
- those big eyes are going steal a million hearts and have already stolen mine
- I love seeing my husband with him
- I am cherishing every day as he changes and grows

We've got a great adventure ahead of us my little sweetie pie.

2 comments:

  1. And when they turn a little older and are ready for school, that's when I get to enjoy all of those positive bullet points. :) Although I am not a parent I can see how amazing they can be and how to they can transform your life and teach you what is really important about it. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna....he is so precious! Look at those eyes! I'm so happy for you. I can't even believe you stayed awake long enough to write this! =P
    Take care girl!

    ReplyDelete