Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tip of the Day: A Couple Cents Go a Long Way


When paying for groceries or anything really, the cashier becomes much more friendly when you give exact change. You can expect a little snarl from some if they ask you for change and you don't have any to give them. Seriously, I don't understand what the big deal is. You have a cash register, stock it up with change... it is only normal people may not have the exact change. I understand if you bought a pack of gum and give them a 50 or something... but otherwise no need for the rudeness. Fortunately, I always try to give exact change so that my wallet and purse will be lighter, and always get a kick out of how grateful they are when I do. It's like their face lights up and I just saved them from tears and heartache. It is what it is. =)

1 comment:

  1. i found in Rome a couple of euros could get you anywhere in the city via metro - this was a great lesson to learn as we were sick of over paying on the unofficial taxi cabs that ripped you off every time.

    The Wanderfull Traveler

    ReplyDelete