Thursday, June 9, 2011

Baked Zucchini Fries

It's that time of the year where all the best vegetables and fruits are back in season! Delicious, organic bell peppers, eggplants, zucchini, and tomatoes. Refreshing apricots, plums, baby pears, and watermelon.... MmmmmMmm already makes my mouth water just thinking about it. In this hot and humid weather, all you want to do is eat something fresh and it's also great that the prices are much cheaper and you get more bang for your buck.

My mother-in-law has a friend who has a field of vegetables and fruits, so she often just gives my mother-in-law tons of vegetables for free. Fortunately, those get passed on to us and we know that they are completely organic. However, sometimes we have so many that I have to think of new ways to cook them and get through them before they go bad. But I'm not complaining! =)

Here is a delicious zucchini recipe I came across that was so yummy and healthy.


Baked Zucchini Fries

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
3 zucchini cut into long thin sticks like fries
2 eggs - use only egg white
breadcrumbs
parmesan
salt
black pepper
oregano
garlic powder
olive oil

1. In one plate, mix the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, parmesan, oregano and garlic powder.
2. In another plate, beat the egg whites.
3. Dip the sticks of zucchini in the beaten egg white.
4. Then dip the zucchini into the breadcrumb mixture.
5. On a baking sheet, drizzle a little olive oil and then place the breaded zucchini sticks onto the sheet with spacing between each one.
6. Place in oven for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees until golden brown. (Flip them half way to make sure both sides get nice and golden)
7. Then eat up while they are hot! If you like your sauces, you can dip them in your favorite marinara sauce.


2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! You have to teach me some more dishes! Thanks for your email, I've been swamped with my online course. Going to reply to you soon! Stay healthy bella! xoxo T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for you to swap recipes with me and teach me some new dishes you will learn from the Umbria Region! =) Un'altro pò cara amica! Stammi bene... un bacione.

    ReplyDelete