Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Life As I Know It Now


Well, I am definitely on my homestretch and I have to share that these past 35 weeks so far have been nothing less than magical. Magical is truly the word. It still blows my mind I have a baby growing inside of me, a baby that is definitely having a ball wiggling around now and I love every second of it. I look back at the time when we were talking about having babies and questioning if I was ready and my biggest concerns were being emotional and not being able to deal with being pregnant away from home. I know that this is my home now and my husband and I have definitely created a sanctuary for ourselves but I still call LA my home as well because my family and friends are there. It still saddens me when I realize that they won't be able to come to the hospital and meet our baby for the first time or they won't see him in the first couple of months where he will change the most. As my mother-in-law says, "9 months, 9 different faces," which really is true.

Fortunately, with help from my family back home and my family here, it really has been a smoother pregnancy than I ever imagined up until this point (knock on wood that it will stay smooth =)). Thanks to technology, I get to video chat with my family and not feel so far away from them. It really does make a huge difference! Thanks to their generosity, we received a huge care package for baby with all things, cute, tiny, soft, useful, and American! Although they are all for baby, it is a wonder how it has helped me feel closer to home and not have to miss the products and quality at least. =) And thanks to my husband's family, they have been soooo sweet and supportive. It warms my heart and actually overwhelms me with love to see how excited they are for baby's arrival. Their faces light up when they see me, immediately ask how I am doing and touch my stomach, and my little nephews give a million kisses and caresses to baby already - it's the cutest thing!

We are blessed. I am thankful everyday that I have been able to look at the cup half full (when I am known to be a pessimistic person) and enjoy every little detail of this pregnancy from the love I have for baby already, from the love and bliss I have with my husband and the love we receive from our families and friends. I thank God everyday. I know things won't stay this way, and our lives will be turned upside down with baby, but I am up for the challenge and ready for what adventures we come across as our marriage has already been such an adventure. Our love conquered all obstacles, we had the wedding of our dreams, we are expecting a precious little baby now, and will soon start a family of our own. It's all I could ever ask for.

Thank you to everyone who has shared in our blessed moments.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Anna! I am happy for you and all this goodness you are having here in Italy. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. Christine (p.s. I love the new layout!)

    ReplyDelete